At Living is Selling, we believe that conventional media is an essential part of any marketing campaign.
After all, if conventional media didn’t generate results, why would (FAANG Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google) spend hundreds of millions of dollars per year on TV, advertising their shows and products?
Effective conventional media buying can:
- Increase awareness for your product, company, or service
- Drive traffic to your website
- Increase in-store and online sales
What is Conventional Media?
Conventional media is anything that pre-dates the internet. Examples of “conventional” media can include:
- Print ads placed in newspapers or magazines
- Outdoor billboard advertising
- Radio or television ads
- Transit advertising
- Direct mail
- Cinema advertising
- Events, promotions and sponsorships
All these forms of advertising can reinforce your brand and introduce your products and services to your target market.
What is Conventional Media Buying?
What exactly do people mean when they talk about “media buying”?In general, “media buying” means to buy ad space. It can refer to both traditional and digital media.
Why Choose Living is Selling For Your Media Buying and Planning?
I had a very successful 35 year career selling conventional media, so I know all the tips and tricks that help me make the best buying decisions possible.
The combination of this extensive hands-on experience and my understanding of how conventional media intersects and compliments digital media has helped me become a “specialized” conventional media buyer who can bring decades of insight and strategy to your next campaign.
If any of the following apply to you, I can help:
- You don’t currently have an experienced in house media buyer
- You don’t have an independent multi media buyer
- You feel that you aren’t getting the best value on your conventional media
- You don’t have the time to plan, buy and revise your media buy
Why is Conventional Media Buying Effective?
Conventional advertising can be an effective way of “boosting” brand awareness with your ideal customers and clients when they’re away from their screens.
Let’s explore how this process works:
Research is Key
What makes your customers buy? What is your biggest competitor spending on advertising?
Quality research can “make or break” a good marketing campaign, which is why we spend time getting to know your business and customers, and developing a roadmap that reaches new customers at a time when they’re most likely to buy from you.
Targeting the Right People at the Right Time
Our combination of experience, insight, strategy, and resources delivers expected results for our clients.
Through creative planning and effective targeting, we don’t just help you reach the most people: we help you reach the right people and move them to act at the right time.
“In defense of non-interactive media….It doesn’t talk back. It doesn’t beep or update or invite a click. It doesn’t change based on who’s consuming it. It doesn’t interrupt you and it begs not to be interrupted. It’s rarer than ever before, and sometimes, we need it.”
What Are the Benefits of Media Buying and Planning?
With so much focus on digital advertising, you might be thinking “why should I invest in conventional media buying?” but there are multiple benefits to this type of advertising, including:
- Complimenting online and social media advertising campaigns
- You can reach more people. Yes ‘mass’ still exists in ‘mass’ media
- Conventional media has high recall. Your message has staying power
Conventional Media Buying and Planning Services in Winnipeg
Looking for unconventional conventional media buying services? Take a look at how we can help:
- Presentation of media options and client selection media planning
- Pre-buying discussions
- Media booking for TV, radio, billboards, transit, newspaper, direct mail, etc.
- Negotiation of rates and added value
- Assistance with creative and messaging
- Stewardship and guidance
- Any ad hoc media consultation needed
For more information about my services, click here.